For Sale by Private Treaty
1,000 Sow Fully Integrated Pig Unit
Caherbrack, Ballinamult, Co. Waterford.
In 2 separate units, 1km apart, which operate as a single enterprise with on-farm milling and computerised wet feeding.
- The unit is empty, cleaned and ready for re-stocking.
- Situated mid-way between Dungarvan and Clonmel. Easy access to all main routes.
- Nearest pig unit is 10km away.
- Former Hermitage multiplier unit, producing M.D. gilts for home and export markets. Pigs from this unit have been exported to Russia, Spain and Greece.
- EPA Licence Number P0414-01
- Capacity – 1,000 sows with separate gilt rearing accommodation, facilities for rearing pigs to 30kgs.
- Big Dutchman computerised wet feeding – mixing system on site.
- Feed storage – 3 x 20 tonne bins, in addition to separate storage facilities for 2 liquid ingredients.
- Electricity available from 250Kw wind turbine on site.
- Slurry storage – 1 week storage capacity under the building. Slurry then goes to outside storage on site.
- Additional farmhouse & farmyard available if required
- Land for expansion available to the south
Site Layout Map showing accommodation and facilities in breeding unit (See Attached)
With Big Dutchman Feed Mill and Computerised Wet Feeding System
- Fattening Unit – Capacity – 6,000 pigs – taking pigs from 30kgs to finish.
- Big Dutchman computerised wet feeding system with additional facilities to store 3 liquid ingredients.
- Slurry: 1 weeks storage under the building then pumped to outside storage – 4-5 months on site capacity.
- Private water supply.
- On Site Weigh Bridge
- Land available for expansion to north.
Site Layout Map showing accommodation and facilities in finishing unit (See attached)
Crowley Feed Mill – 6 tonne per hour capacity – potential to increase the output and feed additional enterprises – feed for the breeding unit is milled and transferred to storage bins on site.
- Raw Material Storage: 6 x 30 tonne bins
2 x 250 tonne bins
- Facilities to store 120 tonnes finished product, with offloading facilities.
- This mill has the facility to combine and mill rations containing up to 8 dry ingredients.
- 4 Bedroom House with 2 reception rooms, Kitchen and living room.
- Prime location for a large pig unit.
- Option to purchase additional land for expansion.
- Extensive tree planting provides effective screening for the unit.
- EPA Licence for 1,200 sows and 6,500 fattening pigs.
- Lagoon slurry storage beneficial to minimise ammonia (NH3) emissions.
- Breeding unit can easily be converted to a finishing unit.
- Option To Purchase: Cattle wintering facilities & yard adjacent to fattening unit.
- Strong local demand for slurry
For Sale by Private Treaty with Joint Agents
Advised Market Value in excess of €2,000,000.00
Contact Joint Sole Agents
PSRA: 001749 PSRA: 001888