Potential customers get their first view of your property from the outside.
Many clients drive by the property prior to arranging a viewing.
- Keep lawns and hedges cut.
- Keep gardens and yards in a clean and tidy condition.
- Window Boxes or flower beds brighten up a property. Pot plants at a door can even add that extra touch.
- Sweep pathways and touch up external paintwork. Neutral colours are always a safe option.
- Make sure all rooms are clean and tidy.
- De-clutter your house prior to putting on the market. An untidy house or too much furniture/possessions can turn people off.
Fresh & Airy
- In summer, have windows cleaned and open windows for fresh air.
- In winter time have heating on, say one hour before viewing time.
- Air property prior to viewings, especially if there is a smoker or pet in the house.
- Customers are very conscious of space and light. Ensure your house is being shown to its full potential. Keep curtains open and have good lighting in all rooms.
- Tidy away all clothes/laundry etc in bedrooms.
- Have all beds made and make sure linen is good quality and preferably in light colours.
- Be aware that customers tend to look around and may open wardrobes etc, so ensure that laundry or suitcases etc do not fall out.
- Keep pets out of house before and during any viewings.
- Ensure that all legal documentation is in place.
- Have any relevant planning permissions at hand.
- All properties must have a BER Certificate before selling.
- Be realistic with your guide price.
- Be flexible with viewing times.
- If possible vacate the property whilst viewings are in progress.
- This is your chance to show your property to its full potential.
- Make yours stand out from the rest.
- That extra effort could be the one thing to clench a sale for you!